7.09.2006

highlight of the day

i spend most of my weekend days horizontal watching MTV. i'm hibernating in the summer time. options are limited. MTV news just did a special on baltimore club music and they showed Paradox and DJ K-Swift. Damn I miss them days. And i guess that's my problem right now... I need to get out.
i went to this spot called the Green Room in burlington friday night. the dj played a nice set... a lil Outkast, some Pharcyde. I was impressed... but the conversation was about ice hockey vs. football (soccer). are you serious? lil' kids in brazil ain't got ice rinks. end of convo. my point... the music was just playing in the background. i might have been the only one besides the DJ with any appreciation for the beats. (i do think it's really weird to hear hip-hop in bars with no black people. imagine walking into a bar full of black folks listening to Kenny Chesney. Yeah... it's like that.)
it was definitely cool to see MTV branching out a bit, though they failed to mention to the masses that Paradox is frequented by those who enjoy alternative lifestyles... but then again, a club full of black folks is never status quo. makes me wanna get some fresh kicks and a wife beater and wil' out with my peoples.

world cup final... france or italy? two words: theirry henry. holla...

No comments: