4.09.2006

to live and die in LA

don't get me wrong... i was born in VA. my family has been in VA since slavery. i know VA. i bleed VA blood. But right now, i'm in cali and tonight i was wilin' out in club 740 in downtown LA. i spent the whole damn day reminiscing about my time in LA. i watch the OC like it was actually a decent TV show 'cause on thursday nights i get to see cali on tv. there's a reason why folks decide to take part in the urban sprawl that is LA. i know i'ma catch a lot of shit from VA folks (mainly my little brother) 'cause VA/757 folks don't understand why i love cali so much, to be honest, neither do I. maybe it's the palm trees, the pacific, the blue skies, the perfect weather, the laid back lifestyle, the distance from all my east coast peoples with all their drama and all their expectations... somehow i found my way out here when i was 19 years old. right now, i wonder why i ever bothered to go back to VA. don't get me wrong, i love my family and i'm proud of the fact that the Winstons and the Rileys have been holding Hampton, VA down since slavery. i will always bleed Virginia blood, and tomorrow I gotta get back on a plance back to ORF, back to 757, back to W&M, but i love me some in & out burgers... i love the sight of the sun setting over the pacific enough to tattoo it on my back, and at the end of the day... i'm going going back back to cali cali cali.

No comments: